A powerful journey from living with an artificial heart to a heart transplant....

Monday, June 6, 2011

Biopsy #10

Well I had a biopsy last Thursday in Toronto and then saw Dr. Ross. My pressures are great! And I only showed a 1A rejection. While it's not zero, they still decided to reduce my prednisone. Yay!! I am now down to 10mg per day. This gives me hope that I will eventually be completely off the prednisone. Knock on wood.

I was told that I'm not drinking enough fluids. And water is not enough. Dr. Ross suggested I drink Gaterade, especially on the really hot days. It seems every time I go for a biopsy I hear the same thing... drink more fluids and eat more salt. I have a laugh every time. But seriously, I need to discipline myself to drink more. I will work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment