A powerful journey from living with an artificial heart to a heart transplant....

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome Lachlan!

I would like to send a very warm welcome to a new member of our family!

LACHLAN BENJAMIN

My sister-in-law, you all know Shannon, gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, full term baby boy on September 5th, 2011. At 7 lbs and 11 ounces and 19 inches long. Yippee!! This brings big excitement to me in two ways.

The first and most exciting is because Shannon has had many pregnancy challenges in the past. To finally have a healthy full term baby is a dream come true for our family. Big brother Ashton was born at only 24 weeks. He has his challenges but he is the happiest kid ever! Shannon, Jeff and Ashton deserve all the happiness in the world and I can't wait to watch their family grow.

Second, let's do some math people. Lachlan was born at 38 weeks and 6 days... Get your calender out. That's brings us back to.... Hmm... what's the day??.... December 21st, 2010...wait a minute... that rings a bell....WHAT!! That's right!! That's the day I got my heart!!! Seriously people. When I got the call at 3am, we packed our stuff, called my parents and got on the road. As I was on the road I called a few other people on the way... Gee, sorry to wake you Shannon and Jeff!! HAHAHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment