A powerful journey from living with an artificial heart to a heart transplant....

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sharing Inspiration

There's an article in the Toronto Star I am so proud to share. My good friend and ex-pump-pal Jenn shares her story. She is an inspiration to all of us enduring something difficult. She is always open and proud to portray her appreciation for life, every day.
Jenn was my mentor when I was implanted with the LVAD and I remember the first day she came to the hospital to visit me after my surgery. It was 2 days after my surgery and I expected to just live with the intense pain. She walked in with my nurse and when introduced, I thought, yeah right, she doesn't have an LVAD. Jenn looked like a normal person. She gave me something to look forward to. For a while, after every concern about my limitations I said, well, Jenn can do it!
Thank you Jenn for being my inspiration.
You can read her story here.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a touching story - both yours and Jenns. The power of mentors in our journeys is amazing.

    ReplyDelete