A powerful journey from living with an artificial heart to a heart transplant....

Friday, April 16, 2010

You Make the World a Better Place

I have been connected with a school/daycare in Ottawa through a family friend, Lisa. She found me in the media and knew of my challenges. She has very kindly decided to open the discussion of transplants and organ donation with her students. They have decided to follow my story, which makes me feel all mushy inside.

Lisa's students made cards and crafts for me. They are so wonderful and really did make me feel better. I also feel so special that they would think of me and put their time and efforts into their work.




Since I was so happy with their gifts I decided to send a thank-you gift back. I sent a great big card and little paper hearts on a ribbon for each student. They can do whatever they choose with it and when they look at it they will remember my story and the importance of organ donation.


I strongly commend Lisa for talking about this with her students. We all know that major changes come in the next generation. These kids will learn that talking about it is not such a big deal and how they can make a difference. Just going home and talking to their families can save lives. So thank you so much to Lisa and her students for their support.

It is in the smallest ways we make the biggest difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment