A powerful journey from living with an artificial heart to a heart transplant....

Sunday, April 25, 2010

YES!


Friday night was my final event for NOTDAW. I was so excited because Shaun and my parents were joining me for this one. It's called "Illumination of the Falls" and/or "Light-the-way".


The plans were:


- Trillium will host a booth near the falls for people to sign their consent for organ and tissue donation.


- There will be a talk by some significant people in Niagara Falls and Trillium Gift of Life.


- Green rain ponchos, glow-in-the-dark sticks and 'YES' cards were handed out.


- The horseshoe falls was illuminated in green for organ and tissue donation.


- We walked together across the Rainbow Bridge to meet with our American counterparts.


In the short time I have been involved with Trillium there were some people I already knew, which was really nice. I met some of those directly involved in the transplant process and also people that have had a transplant as well as the families of both donors and recipients. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person with such issues.


I have learned that I'm one of very few that would be able to attend such an event while waiting for a transplant. People are more than happy to see how well I'm doing and the LVAD.


We had a hard time locating the event.... which was very frustrating because I was so excited about this event.... but eventually we found everything, barely in time for the walk across the bridge. Funny how the locals couldn't find their way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment